Don’t make the same mistake I did – no citations
Quiz: How much do you really know about abortion?
- “Number of Abortions – Abortion Counters.” Number of Abortions in US & Worldwide. Web. http://www.numberofabortions.com/
- Moore, Keith L, Persaud, T.V.N. The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology 6TH Ed. W.B. Saunders,1998. Print.
- “Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973).” Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973). Web. http://www.soc.umn.edu/~samaha/cases/roe%20v%20wade.htm
- “The Unchoice: Forced Abortion in America Coercion Can Escalate to Violence, Even Murder.” Web. http://www.theunchoice.com/pdf/FactSheets/ForcedAbortionFactSheet.pdf
- “Characteristics of U.S. Abortion Patients in 2014 and Changes Since 2008.” Guttmacher Institute. Web. https://www.guttmacher.org/report/characteristics-us-abortion-patients-2014#full-article
- Gissler, M. “Suicides After Pregnancy in Finland, 1987–94: register linkage study”, Hemminki, Elina, research professor, Lonnqvist, Jouko, research professor BMJ 1996; 313 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.313.7070.1431 (Published 07 December 1996). Web. http://www.bmj.com/content/313/7070/1431
- Mansfield C, Hopfer S, Marteau TM. “Termination rates after prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome, spina bifida, anencephaly, and Turner and Klinefelter syndromes: a systematic literature review. European Concerted Action: DADA (Decision-making After the Diagnosis of a fetal Abnormality)” Prenatal Diagnosis. 1999 Sep;19(9):808-12. Review. Web. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10521836?dopt=AbstractPlus
- “Facts About Abortion, Protecting Black Life, Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the country, targets African Americans by locating 62% (approx. 2 out of every 3) of their abortion facilities in black communities.” Life Issues Connector, October 2012. Web. http://www.protectingblacklife.org/facts-about-abortion/Brown, Judie. “Abortion and Racism in America.” June 28, 2013. Web. http://cnsnews.com/blog/judie-brown/abortion-and-racism-america
- Sanger, Margaret. “Woman and the New Race,” Chapter 18 “The Goal.” Web. Online Book. http://www.bartleby.com/1013/18.html
Get the Facts Before You Decide
- Sadler, T.W, Langman, Jan. Langman’s Medical Embryology; Baltimore : Williams & Wilkins, 1995.Edition: English : 7th ed., international ed. Print.
- Mansfield, Caroline, Hopfer, Suellen, Marteau, Theresa M. “Termination rates after prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome, spina bifida, anencephaly, and Turner and Klinefelter syndromes: a systematic literature review,” Article first published online: 22 SEP 1999 DOI.
- Carnevale, Alessandra, Rubén Lisker, Antonio R. Villa, and Salvador Armendares. “Attitudes of Mexican Geneticists towards Prenatal Diagnosis and Selective Abortion.” American Journal of Medical Genetics Am. J. Med. Genet. 75.4 (1998): 426-31. Web.
- “Prenatal diagnosis of the fragile X syndrome: loss of mutation owing to a double recombinant or gene conversion event at the FMR1 locus”, Journal of Medical Genetics Volume 34(11) November 1997 pp 924-926.
- “Is there ever a moral duty to use prenatal diagnosis and selective abortion?”, Gene Letter, The. Volume 2, Issue 1, August 1997. Web. http://www.geneletter.org/0897/prenatal.htm.
- Rue, Vincent M., Coleman, Priscilla K., Rue, James J., Reardon, David C. “Induced abortion and traumatic stress: A preliminary comparison of American and Russian women” Med Sci Monit 2004; 10(10): SR5-16 PMID: 11784. Print.
- Samandari, G., S. L. Martin, and S. Schiro. “Homicide Among Pregnant and Postpartum Women in the United States: A Review of the Literature.” Trauma, Violence, & Abuse1 (2010): 42-54. Print. http://www.vawnet.org/research/print-document.php?doc_id=3483&find_type=web_desc_AR
- “The War on Baby Girls, Gendercide.” The Economist. The Economist Newspaper, 06 Mar. 2010. Web. http://www.economist.com/node/15606229
- Roberts, Sam. “U.S. Births Hint at Bias for Boys in Some Asians.” The New York Times. The New York Times, 14 June 2009. Web. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/15/nyregion/15babies.html?_r=0
Abortion is Harmful to Women
- Gissler,M, Karalis, E, Ulander,V.M. “Suicide rate after induced abortion decreased in Finland after Current Care Guidelines” The European Journal of Public Health, DOI: First published online: 31 October 2014. Web. http://eurpub.oxfordjournals.org/content/24/suppl_2/cku163.045
- Garfinkel,B. et al. “Stress, Depression and Suicide: A Study of Adolescents in Minnesota,” Responding to High Risk Youth (University of Minnesota: Minnesota Extension Service, 1986).
- Cougle, Jesse R., Reardon, David C., Coleman, Priscilla K. “Depression associated with abortion and childbirth: a long-term analysis of the NLSY cohort.” Med Science Monitor 2003; 9(4): CR105-112 ID: 4701 Published: 2003-04-23. Web. http://www.medscimonit.com/abstract/index/idArt/4701
- “Abortion Risks: A list of major physical complications related to abortion” Afterabortion.org. Web. http://afterabortion.org/1999/abortion-risks-a-list-of-major-physical-complications-related-to-abortion/
- Coleman, P.K., Maxey, C.D., Rue, V.M., Coyle, C.T. “Associations between voluntary and involuntary forms of perinatal loss and child maltreatment among low-income mothers.” Acta Paediatrica. 2005 Oct;94(10):1476-83. Web. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16299880
- Lee,S.J., Steer,P.J., Filippi,V. “Seasonal patterns and preterm birth: a systematic review of the literature and an analysis in a London-based cohort” British Journal of Medicine, DOI: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2006.01055.x. Web. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2006.01055.x/full
The Science of Sex
- Brizendine, Louann, M.D. The Female Brain New York: Broadway, 2006, 37.
- Leckman, J.F., Mayes, L.C. “Preoccupations and Behaviors Associated with Romantic and Parental Love: Perspectives on the Origin of Obsessive –Compulsive Behavior,” Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America 8, no.3 (1999): 635-65
- Keroack, Eric, M.D. “Oxytocin: Is This Nano-Peptide a Chemical Type of Human Super Glue?” 2006
I was 15 when I found out I was pregnant – no citations
Abortion and Breast Cancer
“Reproductive Breast Cancer Risks and Breast Lobule Maturation.” Reproductive Breast Cancer Risks Brochure. Breast Cancer Prevention Institute, 2007. Web. Recommended Resources: www.bcpinstitute.org/reproductive.htm and www.abortionbreastcancer.com
What About Rape and Incest?
- “The ‘Hard Cases’ of Abortion: A Pro-life Response 2000.” The Family Research Council, 801 G Street, NW Washington, DC 2001. Print.
- Mall, David, Watts; Walter F. The Psychological Aspects of Abortion. Stritch School of Medicine. Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Washington D.C. University Publications of America, 1979.
- “The ‘Hard Cases’ of Abortion: A Pro-life Response 2000” by the Family Research Council, 801 G Street, NW Washington, DC 20001.
- Reardon, David C. Makimaa, Julie, Sobie, Amy, Victims and Victors: Speaking Out about Their Pregnancies, Abortions, and Children Resulting from Sexual Assault, Acorn Books. January 1st 2000.
The Over Population Myth
- Bailey, Ronald. Earth Report 2000: Revisiting the True State of the Planet. , 1999 Edited by: Ronald Bailey. McGraw-Hill (ISBN-13: 978-ISBN-10: 0071342605).
- Longman, Philip. The Empty Cradle: How Falling Birthrates Threaten World Prosperity. April 2004. (ISBN-10: 0465050506 ISBN-13: 978-0465050505).
- “World Population Prospects: The 2004 Revision Analytical Report” United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs Population Division 2004. Web. http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/WPP2004/WPP2004_Volume3.htm
- Howe, Neil, Jackson, Richard. “Global Aging and the Crisis of the 2020s.” Center for Strategic and International Studies. 2008. Web. http://csis.org/files/publication/110104_gai_jackson.pdf
- “COUNTRY COMPARISON :: TOTAL FERTILITY RATE.” The World Fact Book. Central Intelligence Agency, 2015. Web. 26 July 2016. . https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2127rank.html#
- “World Population Prospects Key Findings and Advance Tables 2015 Revision” United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs Population Division. 2015. http://esa.un.org/unpd/wpp/Publications/Files/Key_Findings_WPP_2015.pdf
- Demographic Winter: the decline of the human family. Dir. Rick Stout. SRB Documentary, LLC, 2008. DVD.
- Graham, Stephen “Germans Get Incentives for Having Babies” The Washington Post. Jan. 4, 2007. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/03/AR2007010301490.html
- Chivers, C. J. “Putin Urges Plan to Reverse Slide in the Birth Rate.” The New York Times. The New York Times, 10 May 2006. Web. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/11/world/europe/11russia.html?pagewanted=all
- Murphy, Clare. “The EU’s Baby Blues.” BBC News. BBC, 27 Mar. 2006. Web. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4768644.stm
- Bryant, Elizabeth. “European nations offer incentives to have kids” San Francisco Chronicle. August 10, 2008. sfgate.com http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/European-nations-offer-incentives-to-have-kids-3201278.php
- Meyer, Michael. “Birth Dearth” Newsweek, Inc. Sept. 27, 2004. www.newsweek.com http://www.newsweek.com/birth-dearth-127361
- Jackson, Richard, Neil Howe, and Tobias Peter. The Global Aging Preparedness Index. Center for Strategic and International Studies, 2013. https://csis-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/legacy_files/files/publication/131010_Jackson_GlobalAgingPreparednessIndex2E_Web.pdf
- Longman, Phillip. The Empty Cradle: How Falling Birthrates Threaten World Prosperity and What to Do about It. New York: Basic , a Member of the Perseus Group, 2004. Print.
- Jackson, Richard, Howe, Neil, Strauss, Rebecca, Nakashima, Keisuke. “The Graying of the Great Powers Demography and Geopolitics in the 21st Century.” Center for Strategic and International Studies. May 2008 csis.org/publication/graying-great-powers-0
- Shorto, Russell. “No Babies?” The New York Times. The New York Times, 28 June 2008. Web. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/magazine/29Birth-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Adoption is a choice
www.LifetimeAdoption.com or www.FreeAdoptionBook.com
Abortion – Racism Infographic
- “Population Distribution By Race/Ethnicity.” Population Distribution by Race/Ethnicity. Kaiser Family Foundation, Mar. 2015. Web. http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/distribution-by-raceethnicity/
- “Characteristics of U.S. Abortion Patients in 2014 and Changes Since 2008.” Guttmacher Institute. Guttmacher Institute, 21 Apr. 2016. Web. https://www.guttmacher.org/report/characteristics-us-abortion-patients-2014#full-article
Reproductive Racism – no citations
When do you think life begins?
- “The Drama of Fetal Development”, American Baby. Jan. 1989. p. 45. Print
- Moore and Persaud, The Developing Human-Clinically Oriented Embryology.2nd ed. W.B. Saunders Company 1973 p. 310 Print
- Hamlin, H. “Life or Death by EEG,” JAMA. Oct. 12, 1964, p. 113 Print
- Sadler, T.W. Langman’s Medical Embryology. 7th ed., Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1995. p. 341 Print
- deVries, J.I.P. et al, “The Emergence of Fetal Behavior.” Early Human Development. Vol 12. 1985, p. 108 Print
- Mayo Clinic Family Health Book. 3rd ed. Harper Resource, 2003. p. 268 Print
- Valman, Pearson. “What the Fetus Feels.” British Medical Journal. p. 234 Print
- Mayo Clinic Family Health Book. 3rd ed. Harper Resource, 2003, p. 269Print
- Moore, Keith L., Persaud,T.V.N. The Developing Human. Clinically Oriented Embryology p.
- Flanagan, Geraldine Lux, Beginning Life, DK Publishing, 1996 pp. 59-65.
- Cunningham, MacDonald, Grant, Williams Obstetrics. 18th ed., p. 90 & 103 Print
- Flanagan, Geraldine Lux, Beginning Life DK Publishing , 1996 Limited p. 68
- Health & Wellness Resource Center, “Normal Growth of a Baby During Pregnancy.” Clinical Reference Systems Annual. 2001. p.1391
- Gordon, Debra MD. “Pregnancy.” The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. 2nd ed., pp. 2694-2695
- Sassone, Robert L. “Interview with Prof. Sir A William Liliey.” The Tiniest Humans
This is what happens – surgical abortion methods
- Marshal, Sarah, MD, Rebecca H. Allen, MD, MPH, and Kirtly Jones, MD. “Manual and Vacuum Aspiration for Abortion.” Women’s Health. WebMD, 14 Nov. 2014. Web. http://www.webmd.com/women/manual-and-vacuum-aspiration-for-abortion
- “An Abortion Doctor Describes a D&E – ClinicQuotes.” ClinicQuotes. 31 Aug. 2012. Web. http://clinicquotes.com/an-abortion-doctor-describes-a-de/
- United States. Cong. House. U.S. House Committee on the Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice. Testimony of Jill L. Stanek , RN HR 1797, Pain – Capable Unborn Child Protection Act U.S. House Committee on the Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice May 23, 2013. 113th Cong. H. Bill. Print. https://judiciary.house.gov/_files/hearings/113th/05232013/Stanek%2005232013.pdf
- “Abortion-Choices: Surgical Abortion.” WebMD. WebMD, 4 June 2014. Web. http://www.webmd.com/women/tc/abortion-choices-surgical-abortion
- “Abortion Procedures During First, Second and Third Trimester.” American Pregnancy Association. May 2015. Web. http://americanpregnancy.org/unplanned-pregnancy/abortion-procedures/
More ways to kill your baby – “medical” abortion methods
- Polis, Chelsea B., Kate Schaffer, Kelly Blanchard, Anna Glasier, Cynthia C. Harper, and David A. Grimes. “Advance Provision of Emergency Contraception for Pregnancy Prevention.” Obstetrics & Gynecology 110.6 (2007): 1379-388. Print. https://www.acog.org/-/media/For-Patients/faq114.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20160723T1311465618
- Paton, David. “Random Behaviour or Rational Choice? Family Planning, Teenage Pregnancy and STIs.” Proc. of Royal Economic Society Conference, Swansea. N.p., Apr. 2004. Web. http://www.cwfa.org/images/content/STIRESRevised.pdf
- “Plan B One-Step® | How It Works.” Plan B One-Step® | How It Works. Web. http://planbonestep.com/howitworks.aspx
- “ella (ulipristal Acetate) Tablet Initial U.S. Approval: 2010.” FDA, US Government, Aug. 2010. Web. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/022474s000lbl.pdf
- “RU486Facts.org – Medical Information about RU-486 (Mifepristone).” RU486Facts.org – Medical Information about RU-486 (Mifepristone). Web http://ru486facts.org/index.cfm?page=effectiveness
What About Birth Control?
- “Products.” Janssen United States. 2016. Web. www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/our-products/product-list
- Pfizer Inc., Pfizer Pharmaceutical Products “Depo-Provera US Physician Prescribing Information” May 2006. www.pfizer.com/files/products/uspi_depo_provera_400mg.pdf
- “NuvaRing ® (etonogestrel/ethinyl Estradiol Vaginal Ring) Initial U.S. Approval: 2001.” 2014. Web. http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/n/nuvaring/nuvaring_pi.pdf
- “MIRENA (levonorgestrel – Releasing Intrauterine System) Initial U.S. Approval: 2000.” Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Oct. 2015. Web. http://healthcare.bayer.com/scripts/pages/en/index.php
- Larimore, W. L., and Joseph B. Stanford. “Postfertilization Effects of Oral Contraceptives and Their Relationship to Informed Consent.” Archives of Family Medicine 9.2 (2000): 126-33. Print. http://www.polycarp.org/larimore_stanford.htm
- Obstetrics & Gynecology 26.3 (1965). Print. http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/toc/1965/09000
- “Products.” Janssen United States. 2016. Web. www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/our-products/product-list
A 2-year-old & a baby in the womb: What’s the difference?
Adapted with permission from: Klusendorf, Scott. The Case for Life; Equipping Christians to Engage the Culture. Crossway. 2009.
Best Decision Ever no citations
Stand Up for Women
I Still Remember